WRITE FOR US
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to expand their portfolio (or get one started) who is completely familiar with the ins and outs of not just military travel but about discounts, etc. for military, their families and retirees. We’re looking for a weekly column that shares with others places military ID card holders can expect discounts, freebies and reduced rates simply by showing their military ID card.
Should be able to write fairly well and able to take photos with something other than your cell phone. If you think this is something you’d like to take a stab at, drop us an e-mail to editor(at)explorationtravelmagazine(dot)com with the subject line, “Military Travel Expert”.
INTERESTED IN SALES?
Exploration Travel Magazine is looking for an Advertising Sales Associate to sell advertising space in our bi-monthly digital print edition. This can be/is a telecommuting position and you don’t necessarily have to live near us to fill this position.
Candidates should have/be/possess:
• A background or understanding of advertising sales, the travel industry and B2B sales
• A working understanding of the appropriate marketing data
• Is a self-starter who works well with little oversight
• The ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Able to work from home
• Is an efficient time manager
• Is professional at all times
• Should accept direction well and is not afraid to ask questions.
• The ability to travel (at your own expense) if necessary
• own (insured) car and driver’s license.
• Is reliable
• Willing to work for commission only
• A computer and reliable internet access a must
• Not afraid to track down and follow leads
• Hearing “No” is not a deterrent
• The ability to be assertive without being aggressive
• No criminal record
The accepted candidate is expected to work diligently towards selling advertising for a magazine to appeal to both national and international audiences. The chosen candidate also carries the understanding they are starting from scratch and will be developing the magazine’s sales base.
This is an opportunity for someone who is looking to make their way in the extraordinary world of sales, publishing and travel. Excellent opportunity for a college student, stay at home spouse (with some flexibility, should short stints of travel may be required) or a displaced sales person or homemaker.
This is a contracted position and is for commission only; your salary depends on you.
This is a position where you are the only face of the magazine potential advertisers will ever see. You are expected to represent the magazine well.
Interested parties, please fax your resume and/or cover letter, with verifiable references, to (520)732-2010 or e-mail us directly at editor(at)explorationtravelmagazine(dot)com with the subject line Advertising Sales Position.